24 November 2015, 2-4PM
Description: Pathway diagrams (e.g. from WikiPathways) are intuitive visual representations of biological processes. It is important to know that none of the pathway resources are complete. Therefore it remains crucial that experts create new pathways that are not yet covered in the pathway databases. In this tutorial, I will show you how to create your own pathways using PathVisio which can then be easily uploaded to WikiPathways and/or used in your analyses.
Presentation: You can download the presentation from here.
Material: PathVisio and all the files we used during the practical can be downloaded from here.
Useful links (used in the hands-on session):
- www.hmdb.ca (finding identifiers for human metabolites)
- www.ensembl.org (finding identifiers for genes)
- www.pathvisio.org/downloads/download-bridgedbs (download identifier mapping databases)
- www.pathvisio.org/plugin/mappbuilder-plugin (PathVisio plugin we used)
- www.pathvisio.org/documentation/shortcuts (PathVisio key shortcuts)